I ‘met’ Karen Cole on Twitter. She is chief executive of Ghost Writer Inc. When she offered to do a guest post for Write Enough, I was delighted to accept. I had only a hazy idea of what ghost writers do until I read her post. I hope you find it as interesting as I did.
Hiring a Ghost Writer – for Clients
By Karen Cole
Many people nowadays have websites, and they need to have professional content written for them. In order to do that, they will need to hire ghost writers. The fact is that ghost writers are people who are specialized in writing any piece of work, as long as it involves information that is easily accessible on the internet. Upon completion of their projects, the ghost writers will be paid for the pieces they have written, yet they will not be given any credit by the buyer.
How to hire ghost writers:
1. First of all, clients need to define the scope of their ghost writing projects. Buyers who hire ghost writers must be specific about the topics they want the ghost writers to research and write about, the number of words the projects will contain, the styles of the pieces, and if the buyers have special instructions, they should tell the ghost writers about them. Depending on the number of words the buyers request, the ghost writers will charge them accordingly.
2. It could be that the buyers will hire ghost writers who have experience within their niches. This will further increase the prices of their projects, so they need to be aware of this. Such ghost writers are perfect for those looking to have ebooks written, as well as printed books and screenplays. If the topics are highly technical, hiring ghost writers who are proficient at ghost writing in such styles is recommended.
3. Coming up with a realistic budget for each project must be considered. The budgets should allow buyers to get the best
ghost writers. More experienced ghost writers will charge more than newbies. Success will depend on the expertise of the ghost writers, and that is why hiring experienced ones should be a priority.
4. Before hiring any ghost writers, it’s recommended that people check out their portfolios and also references, if they can find them on the Internet. This way, buyers can assess the skills of those ghost writers and decide whether or not to go with their ghost writing services.
5. Last but not least, if the buyers agree to hire one or more ghost writers, contracts must be drawn up. Each one must specify who gets the rights and recognition for the work, the method of payment, and the total cost of each project.
Finding ghost writers is not hard, but it requires buyers to do some research before going with a ghost writing service. Choosing ghost writers who don’t have experience in needed subject matters and hoping for them to deliver quality ghost writing work at low prices is unrealistic and should not be attempted. The quality of ghost writers is always more important than a few extra dollars.
You can find Karen on twitter at @karencole37
And here’s the link if you want to investigate Karen’s services further. http://www.rainbowriting.com/ghostwriterportfolio.htm
2 thoughts on “Ghost Writer”
Very interesting post. I had no idea ghost writers wrote for websites. I always wondered what it would be like to have written a book and not have your name on the cover.
Anne – as always – thanks for looking in 🙂